News from Vn88 Rezence: Bristol City came from behind to win against Stoke

A late goal from Bristol City and another in stoppage time gave the away Robins from Bristol City a 2-1 victory over Stoke in the Championship.

A late goal from Bristol City and another in stoppage time gave the away Robins from Bristol City a 2-1 victory over Stoke in the Championship.

Nicholas Powell scored an accomplished goal for the Potters just before halftime, Vn88 said that making it his second start after coming back from injury. This goal gave the Potters the lead.

The team captained by Alex Neil dominated vast chunks of the contest as they attempted to extend their current winning streak to six matches.

Zak Vyner, a defender for the away team, equalized for them with 18 minutes remaining, and then substitute Anis Mehmeti, who had moved to the away team in January from Wycombe, scored his first goal for the club shortly before time expired to complete the stunning comeback for the visitors.

In doing so, Vn88 commented that Bristol City brought an end to a winless streak of three matches and achieved their first victory on the road since the beginning of February.

At the opening whistle, in-form Stoke wanted to build on their successful start to 2023 and improve upon their last performance, which consisted of a 4-0 thrashing of promotion-chasing Coventry in their most recent match.

Powell, who was involved in an intricate early move, played a through ball to an approaching Will Smallbone, who was on loan from Southampton, but Smallbone's flicked effort lacked sufficient force.

In spite of the early threat they posed, Rezence thinks that the home team should have been behind from the very first offensive attempt made by Bristol City.

Bermuda's Nahki Wells was put through on goal by a hopeful long ball played by George Tanner, but his shot went agonizingly wide of the far post. Wells is an international player for Bermuda.

The upbeat travelers almost made the most of their improved chances as Andreas Weimann's looping header almost got by goalkeeper Jack Bonham.

W88 Rezence said that Powell's sucker blow quickly ended any hope of an opening round for Robins.

During a lively attack by Stoke, Tyrese Campbell was able to locate the run of his unmarked strike partner, who then finished the game with a deft first-time effort that went into the corner.

After the halftime break, Robins manager Nigel Pearson added January recruit Harry Cornick to the team in the hopes of rousing a Robins reprieve.

And the strategic adjustment came close to being successful right away as Weimann converted beyond Bonham after meeting a superb delivery from Tanner. Referee Oliver Langford called off the Austrian's celebrations because he was offside.

Rezence Vn88 commented that the home team tried to put the game out of reach, and Campbell came close to doing so with a vicious strike that would have been stopped only by O'Leary's intervention once more.

Vyner scored his first goal for Bristol City since February 2021 on a flick from Sam Bell's pinpoint cross to bring the score level.

Following the W88, the match's conclusion descended into chaos as both teams looked for a way to take the lead in the last minutes, but it was the away team who emerged triumphant.

Before Wells set up Mehmeti to put the 1,161 traveling supporters into a state of insanity, he was given the freedom to move forward at his own pace.

The outstanding run of Stoke, who were undefeated in their previous 13 league games when scoring first, came to an abrupt stop due to the dramatic nature of the circumstances.

Sharing with Vn88 Rezence Stoke's Alex Neil is one of the managers says:

"We had a strong performance for a significant portion of the first half, particularly to begin the period. We scored a great goal and had more opportunities to score, but I believed they improved in the second half. They had nothing to fear from us, so they didn't bother to hide or flee.

"The game came down to individual battles, and we weren't winning enough of them in the second half. I haven't been able to say that for a very long time, so that's a first. They were able to dominate us for significant portions of the game, and I have no choice but to give them credit."

Nigel Pearson, who plays for Bristol City shares with Rezence:

"Winning a game of that magnitude is crucial for us. It's encouraging that even on our worst days, we haven't found a way to claw our way back into games and ultimately win. We played horribly in the first half; we just couldn't get a handle on the ball, and we came across as overly anxious.

"Even though we weren't playing all that brilliantly, we still managed to have the best opportunities of the half. That was an extremely aggravating situation since we kept getting in our own way and making complications. It gave off an uneasy feeling. We burdened ourselves with a lot of work, but the second-half response was excellent. The fact that the players were having a bit of a rough day definitely worked to their advantage."